Before undertaking a large-scale home remodeling Gainesville, FL, project, it is important to properly consider all factors in the design and construction process. If you don’t take the time to thoroughly plan your renovation, you may end up making costly mistakes you will regret.
What Your Gainesville Remodeling Company Wants You to Know
A company that specializes in home additions Gainesville residents trust, like Quality DesignWorks has helped numerous people get the home of their dreams. Yet, we have also seen homeowners make the same mistakes and we want to advise you on how to avoid them.
- Consider Room’s Use While Designing: Though a room may look nice on a blueprint, it can fail in reality if the various elements of the room do not work together. For example, if you are designing a kitchen and you typically have multiple people in your family simultaneously working on tasks, you will want to ensure that these stations are spaced far enough apart.
- Include Sufficient Storage Space: Style and updated appliances are a crucial aspect to all remodeling Gainesville projects, but make sure that the finished product has plenty of surface area and storage space. Without these elements, you will not be as satisfied with the room in the long term.
- Avoid Last Minute Changes: Though last minute inspiration may cause you to want to add features, you will want to limit them as much as possible. The more you deviate from your original plan, the more likely you will be to experience delays and go over budget.
- Choose a Timeless Design: While it may be tempting to want to incorporate all of the latest home decor trends in your renovation, you may want to refrain from doing so. Unfortunately, the current style that is in fashion will date your home in a few years. It is better to choose simple structural and architectural elements. Then spice up your room with features that are easy to replace such as curtains, rugs, artwork, wall hangings and paint colors.
- Allow for Natural Light: Use the changing sun position to your advantage. Large windows allow natural light to provide a cozy alternative to artificial light. As the sun moves throughout the day, it will highlight various structural details and textures including molding, arches and carvings.
- Consider Ventilation: It may be more exciting to plan which appliances and color schemes you want in your kitchen and bathroom, but you don’t forget about ventilation. Proper ventilation helps remove unwanted smells and moisture to prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
- Don’t Forget the Details: Though you may want to jump right into a project, you can end up forgetting important factors, such as plumbing or intricate tiling. Our professionals can understand the big picture so we know what specialists are needed in our team. We also have the ability to create extensive plans and accurate project costs.
- Ensure Individual Elements Suit Room’s Function: Consider how daily activities would be impacted by the way rooms are designed. If a large, hanging light fixture blocks a beautiful view or white fabrics are exclusively used in your children’s playroom, you will later regret these decisions. Our remodeling Gainesville company has an eye for ensuring each room is designed with a long term perspective in mind.
- Prepare Recycling Methods: Take your home remodel as an opportunity to incorporate environment friendly components. In the kitchen, install a trash compactor and hide recycling bins in cabinets throughout your house to make recycling much easier.
- Let Professionals Handle Difficult Tasks: Those who love DIY projects may be tempted to bite off more than they can chew when it comes to your renovation. However, some tasks should be reserved for our Gainesville remodeling team. Through experience, professionals know how to carefully make precise cuts and have the necessary training to keep your house up to code.
Professional Home Renovations Company in Gainesville, FL
The worst thing that can happen to a homeowner during a remodel is to let mistakes prevent you from moving forward or to have regrets once the process is finished. To avoid this scenario, consult a Gainesville, FL, home remodeling company, like Quality DesignWorks. We can help walk you through the entire renovation process and let you remain as involved as you want. Contact our office today for more tips for your home remodel.